California Youth Leadership Forum Alumni Organizing Council
The Alumni Alliance was founded in 2006 by a small group of YLF Alumni whose lives were changes as a result of the program. For years, YLF Alumni have talked about the positive impacts the program has had on their individual lives. Together they organized the YLF Alumni Alliance in order to support the annual YLF program, build on the leadership skills gained, and network with the more than 900 alumni. The YLF Alumni Alliance is devoted to furthering the leadership and development skills of future youth with disabilities across California.
All youth who are selected to attend and participate in the Youth Leadership Forum are eligible members of the YLF AlumniAlliance. On a few occasions additional members have been accepted as a result of their volunteer work with the program. JOIN NOW!
YLF Alumni Alliance Benefits
- Network with over 900 California YLF Alumni across the nation through the YLF Alumni listserv
- Learn and share internship, training, grant, and employment opportunities
- Engage in leadership discussions specifically for youth with disabilities
- Reconnect with friends from your YLF year
- Share your experiences and/or learn from others who are facing similar/different situations
- Assist other youth with disabilities in developing their leadership skills
- Get assistance in reaching your academic and career goals
- Learn about resources in your community and statewide
- Get up-to-date information on policies affecting people with disabilities
- Learn and/or participate in state and national disability related conferences
- Participate in our free YLF Alumni Alliance teleconferences
- Collaborate and meet with successful roles models with disabilities